Maintenance Mechanic (Plumber)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of a(n) Maintenance Mechanic (Plumber)~ without more than normal supervision: interpreting building plans to install, repair, and modify fixtures such as sewage, water, oil, and/or gas distribution systems; replacing sections of pipe and tile by following routes, hangers, and levels. Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Plumbing and Pipefitting
- Technical Competence
- Vehicle Operation
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Employee frequently works from stands and other hard-to-reach places. Must stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, stretch, and work in awkward and cramped positions when welding in hard-to-reach or confined spaces. Frequently handles objects weighing up to 45 pounds and over 45 pounds with assistance. May be required to exert very heavy physical effort, lifting and carrying heavy objects weighing over 50 pounds (23 kilograms); operating power equipment and tools.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Employee works both inside and outside, sometimes in bad weather, in hard to reach places, and in areas that are noisy, dirty, greasy, smokey, exposed to temperature extremes, drafts, dust, and dirt. Worker may be exposed to fumes, heat, flying sparks, the glare of torches, and heated materials; possibility of eye injury, electric shock, broken bones, and the chance of cuts when working with sharp objects. There may be discomfort when wearing protective clothing, safety shoes, gloves, and flash shield or eye goggles, and other equipment as required. Work requires the employee to follow proper safety procedures and use standard safety equipment.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.