Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager, The Bridge Initiative - Walsh School of Foreign Serv
6 days left
- Full Time
Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager, The Bridge Initiative - Walsh School of Foreign Service
Based in Georgetown University's Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding (ACMCU), The Bridge Initiative is a multi-year research project that connects the academic study of Islamophobia with the public square. Our mission is to highlight the problem of Islamophobia, challenge the discourses that contribute to it, and offer an alternative narrative based on research that is accessible to the public.
The Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager leads the development and production of Bridge Initiative communications and publications, and manages Bridge Initiative social media accounts, promotional materials, and event-related communications. S/he works with the Bridge Initiative Director and Associate Director to develop and implement a communications plan, and also provides IT and technical support to Bridge Initiative staff. Reporting to the Bridge Initiative Associate Director, the Digital Communications and Multimedia Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
Communications and Outreach
- Works with the Director and Associate Director to develop and implement a long-term digital communications strategy that supports and promotes the events, publications, and outreach efforts of the Bridge Initiative.
- Creates, maintains, and promotes content on the Bridge Initiative website and social media accounts on a daily basis, working closely with School of Foreign Service (SFS) Communications on technical issues.
- Utilizes PR software and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Google Analytics) to track and record the Bridge Initiative's reach and performance, and suggests and implements new strategies for growth based on analysis.
- Manages and oversees all ad campaigns on Bridge Initiative social media platforms.
- Regularly uses Google Analytics to optimize the Bridge Initiative's SEO and incorporates new findings and strategies into the digital communications strategy.
- Works with the Director and Associate Director to build, maintain, and update contact databases using the PR software Cision.
- Identifies key messages, terms, hashtags, and other indicators to ensure Bridge Initiative messaging is consistent and optimized across platforms; and works with research staff to disseminate key messages to Bridge Initiative target audiences.
- Prepares and publishes various promotional materials, newsletters, and reports for Bridge Initiative.
- Works closely with the SFS Communications team on Bridge Initiative visual identity, branding, accessibility standards, fair use compliance, and events that will generate media coverage.
- Promotes Bridge Initiative events by developing event promotional materials, managing email announcements, promoting events across multiple University calendars and related sources, and drafting and publishing event summaries for the website and email campaigns.
- Manages all content on the Bridge Initiative's website and coordinates communication with the Bridge Initiative's external vendor, SFS Communications, and University Information Services to ensure site security and troubleshoot all security and technical issues.
- Oversees the production, design, and dissemination of Bridge Initiative digital communications, including event videos, short videos highlighting research findings, and the Bridge Initiative's podcast.
- Edits and manages the post-production of all Bridge Initiative raw video footage, and optimizes it for sharing on the web.
- Serves as videographer and photographer for ACMCU events.
- Manages video and photo archives.
IT and Technical Support
- Troubleshoots and provides technical support as needed to Bridge Initiative staff.
- Recommends appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage and proper backup and recovery procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, or related field - Master's degree preferred
- 3 to 4 years of related professional experience, including publications, media outreach, website management, drafting press releases, leveraging social media for public relations, editing blogs, and online marketing
- Experience in audio and video production
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Aptitude for translating academic research and articles into accessible messages about Islamophobia for a mass audience
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and software, including WordPress or similar CMS, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Adobe Audition and Audacity, YouTube Creator Studio, and various social media platforms; and tools including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, Cision, and MailChimp
- Experience in higher education
- Research interest in Islamophobia
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.