Conflicts & Intake Specialist
The Conflicts Department of a local law firm has an opening for a Conflicts Specialist in their Washington, DC office. Conflict Specialists run searches in the database of all firm clients and adverse parties; research entities in other databases and on the Internet; and engage with people at all levels of the Firm to better understand the nature of the work that we do. When the searching is complete, Conflicts Specialists undertake basic analysis to compile useful results and present them in an effective way.
- Four-year college degree and/or equivalent, significant, meaningful experience in the conflicts department of a law firm
- A minimum of 40 wpm typing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the Firm with tact and diplomacy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness commensurate to handling confidential and sensitive material.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; ability to efficiently search the Internet and experience working in databases.
- Flexibility to work additional hours and/or shifts, as necessary.