Developer: Front End
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
This candidate is expected to spend 80% of their time on hands-on development and the remainder on architecture/design/technical documentation. Our work is challenging and rewarding. Our success is measured through the millions of customer's we serve each day. This is a unique opportunity to work with a world class newsroom and design team and take our digital platform to the next level.
- Participate in the visual design process, advising on how front‑end technologies can be applied to potential product designs.
- Participate in resolving challenging and demanding problems within the production environment.
- Assist with customer inquiries and resolution of problems
- Willingness to investigate and troubleshoot a variety of technical issues across different technologies and platforms
- College degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of Web development
- Object Oriented Design
- Apache Tomcat or Apache HTTP Server
- Expertise with one or more of the following frameworks: jQuery, Backbone.js, Node.js, Bootstrap, D3, Angular;
- Experience in a small-team environment working on a successful commercial software, SaaS, or Web product/platform
- Comfortable with light-weight and/or Agile development methodologies
- Server-side scripting language such as JSP, PHP, etc