HRIS / Workday Manager
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Are systems and analytics your passion? Are you ready to join a 140-year-old start up? Are you an exceptional project manager? Are you ready to lead our HRIS team to new places? You and the team are challenged with elevating technology to improve productivity and user experience and empowering leaders with better workforce data and insights.
The Washington Post is seeking a strong HRIS Manager to lead our HRIS team, the right person for this role has a collaborative and influential leadership style as they will be working closely with internal and external stakeholders, will have the ability to think creatively about solutions, and balance the business needs with system capabilities. This position reports to the HR Director and will interact with senior level HR and business leaders including HR, Finance, IT, Legal and several vendors.
- Provide thought leadership, as well as technical and functional expertise regarding HRIS
- Lead a high performing team of system analysts including hiring, developing, coaching, training, and allocating resources while fostering a customer centric mindset
- Work closely with HR team members, business partners and technical teams to gather requirements, design and implement solutions, conduct testing, and work with stakeholders to ensure successful release and adoption
- Serve as the project manager for all system upgrades, releases, improvements, and implementations for all processes
- Provide over-sight for the development, implementation, and enhancement of business processes, as well as upholding data privacy, data integrity and compliance guidelines
- Serve as liaison between HR, IT and other departments to ensure collaboration and cooperation
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years HRIS experience supporting HRMS application strategy, development and support (Workday preferred)
- 2+ years of people management experience required
- Excellent analytical capabilities, conceptual thinker with the ability to translate complex concepts into clear messages, impactful visuals and actionable plans
- Leverage your continuous improvement and innovative mindset to identify, recommend and improve current systems and processes
- Proven ability to shape an impactful vision for the function and communicate strategy to align people, resources, and technology
- Excellent communication with presentation skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with HRIS security, including planning, implementing and maintaining security guidelines to support our HR business model and in alignment with audit requirements (workday preferred)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills