Instructional Coach- Math
6 days left
- Full Time
The instructional coach is responsible for providing continuous expertise and support via the processes of co-planning, co-teaching, instructional modeling, coaching, and reflecting. The goal of the division-level coaching position is to ensure instructional coherence and rigorous learning. The instructional coach is responsible for collaborating with division-level content specialists, executive staff, building administrators and teachers to identify school-based areas requiring immediate intervention and improvement. Coaches will meet regularly with other members of the coaching cadre and content specialists to develop and implement systemic strategies and processes, aligned with division-wide goals and ACPS long-range goals.
- Education: Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of effective instructional and assessment strategies by supporting teaching through co-planning, co-teaching, modeling, coaching, reflecting, and focused classroom visits.
- Strengthen teachers' instructional knowledge and their repertoire of pedagogical strategies for teaching rigorous content to all students.
- Create and implement job-embedded professional development aligned with division-wide goals and priorities --e.g., study groups, instructional rounds, lesson-study, seminars on specific content or pedagogical practices.
- Strategically work with teachers to develop their understanding of pedagogy and positive relationships within the classroom and school.
- Plan and set coherent and aligned goals for teacher development based on data related to student learning. Develop the capacity of teachers to become instructional leaders, including coaching peers as part of building a learning community.
- Interact regularly with curriculum specialists and principals to monitor progress of students and staff in relationship to identified coaching targets and objectives.
- Document work and keep progress logs with teacher input.
- Meet weekly with instructional coaching cadre and content specialists to develop systems and structures that support the work of coaching, teaching, and learning.