Human Resources Assistant
Under direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to Human Resources, Executive Staff, IT and Facilities. Work assignments involve handling and relaying information of a confidential nature and care must be taken to maintain confidentiality.
This position is classified as non-exempt and in accordance with the Federal regulations is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours per week. Note: Overtime must be pre-approved and time off from work either paid or unpaid is not considered in determining hours worked in a week.
Other Performance Measures:
Successful performance on the job requires following safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to self or students, dress standards, proper attendance and leave policies, and compliance with all other policies set forth in the Employee Handbook. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving is also important to the success of the incumbent.
Examples of Essential Functions
- Perform all front desk duties to include answering and directing phone calls, employee inquiries and questions appropriately.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings between various departments.
- Coordinate special events for the agency such as general planning, set up, break down, ordering and pick up of food, greeting guest, etc.
- Ensure that the administrative office waiting area, as well as the supply room, conference room, and kitchen areas are clean and orderly.
- Ensure the orderly flow of correspondence in and out of the office, including processing of daily mail, logging and copying of received checks, Fed Ex/UPS package shipping.
- Manage St. Coletta van usage process
- Review documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance; proofread completed work.
- Perform various HR functions such as entering confidential employee information, updating as required and filing material.
- Assist in all HR areas as tasked, for example, new hire paperwork process, verification of employment, referral checks, new hire orientation.
- Coordinate and prepare routine and special reports as needed.
- Maintain equipment and office supply inventory; maintain records relating to receipt and issuance of materials, equipment and vehicles; prepare purchase and supply requisitions or various other office documents.
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (45 lbs.).
- Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personal identifiable information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of business math computations, grammar, composition and spelling.
- Knowledge of computer information systems and software including MS Office suite.
- Ability to prepare spreadsheets and reports.
- Ability to make and apply routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete assignments within specified timeframes.
- Ability to serve as a lead worker as assigned.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence using English grammar and spelling.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Successful completion of the required training courses within a specified period of time
- Tuberculosis screening to assure no significant risk to the health and safety of others.
- Successfully passing a criminal background investigation and pre-employment and random drug screenings.
Minimum Acceptable Education and Experience:
Associates degree in HR Management or related field from an accredited university or college and two (2) years of experience related to technical administrative support work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hours of Work
7:30 AM to 3:50 PM (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
7:30 AM to 4:40 PM (Wednesday)