System Coordinator (TEMPORARY)
Do you constantly think about how to do things more efficiently? Do you write SQL like your second language and love the power of data? Do you enjoy the beauty and importance of performing arts and want to take an active role in learning how a world class performing arts center operates?
Operating within IT department, the Business Systems team is responsible for the Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), the Artistic Management Software, and the ERP System that is the beating heart of the operations of the Kennedy Center. We work with a wide range of user groups (programming, education, ticketing, fundraising, marketing, finance production and facility, etc) and configure, support, and monitor and maintain the systems.
The Kennedy Center is implementing a series of exciting initiatives as we commit to utilize technology and data to provide cutting edge customer experience. We are looking for a technical savvy new team member who enjoys making changes happen to join us in carrying out our strategic roadmap in this exciting time. This position reports to the Director of CRM and Business Systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
50% User Support
Manage the support queue to achieve SLA agreement; escalate appropriately
Set up user accounts; monitor and modify permissions
Troubleshoot, analyze, correct, and prevent recurrence of issues related to event setup, ticket pricing, orders, and account information
Perform simple query to provide users with needed info
Assist System Administrator in software upgrades and patches
Assist in hosting super users meetings to understand challenges, identify improvement opportunities, and maintain clear progress report
50% Project/System Support
Work closely with Business Systems Director to establish and document business rules with user groups
Configure system features and global settings (system configuration table, access rights control, template, permissions) to implement Center business rules and processes
Collaborate with System Administrator to design and create training materials
Conduct testing for upgrade and other change, and coordinate user acceptance testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 1 year experience with CRM, ERP, or database systems, preferably systems supporting ticketing and/or fundraising. Familiarity with administering large-scale business systems from both the front-end (client) and back-end (database) perspectives
- A minimum of 1 year experience with SQL in an MS SQL Server environment, writing queries, stored procedures, login/user securitY
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Strong desire of achieving operations excellency and efficiency through technology-oriented, process-oriented, data-driven, and systematic solutions
- Interested in learning the inner work for large scale operations; enjoy cross-functional projects and thrives in fast-pace environment
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with strong desire of helping user achieve their goals
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Strong multi-tasking and coordination skills. Experience in project coordination preferred.
- Participate in after-hours on-call coverage
- Occasionally available nights and weekends to perform upgrades and other work