Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Manages a large and complex set of fundraising campaigns designed to support the Kennedy Center's artistic and education programming through the solicitation and stewardship of foundation, government, and corporate grants and sponsorships. Supervises a team of five development professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
45% Manage the solicitation of foundation, government, and corporate funding for designated support of select artistic and educational initiatives.
40% Manage fulfillment and reporting requirements for donors: Coordinate with special events, appropriate Kennedy Center staff and donor staff in the planning and execution of events that involve donors/sponsors including press conferences, receptions, fundraisers or cultivation events; write materials as necessary to meet requirements for property and donor; supervise the preparation of interim and final written and financial reports.
15% Act as a primary liaison to the programming and education staff to solicit information about program/project/festival plans as they are developed.
- Bachelor's degree required. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
- Four to six years development or related experience required.
- Experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the performing arts is preferred.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Solid understanding of standard financial information and program or project budget preparation, as well as corporate philanthropic and marketing strategies, practices, and trends.
- Knowledge of and experience with donor databases to manage corporate solicitation information and campaign progress. Ability to foresee corporate annual support opportunities, manage staff workloads, and give attention to detail while at the same time focusing on the long-term perspective.
- Ability to initiate and cultivate ongoing relationships with current and new prospects through meetings, phone calls and occasional entertaining.