Junior Technical Project Manager
The Kennedy Center Information Technology department provides and supports a variety of applications, systems and tools to staff, performers, patrons and other constituents to enable its mission to be accomplished. This includes, but may not be limited to ERP systems for HRM and Finance, CRM systems for donor and customer management, Venue management software, internal and external websites, management systems for performance and event ticketing, gift shop POS, parking, and reporting across all data sets.
Operating within the IT department, the Business Systems team is responsible for supporting and enhancing the suite of business applications, including Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), Artistic Venue Management Software, and ERP System.
The goal of the team is to enable a superior patron experience, maximize the performance and efficiency of user departments, optimize cost and maintain maximum availability, reliability and accuracy. This team also sets and promotes project management best practices across the larger IT department and stakeholder groups.
We are passionate about the arts and our mission and support it by ensuring the success of a wide range of user groups including artistic programming, education, ticketing, fundraising, marketing, finance, production and facilities.
As we implement a series of exciting and strategic initiatives to better utilize technology and data to provide superior customer experience, we are looking for a technically astute, service oriented new team member who enjoys making changes happen. This position will be supporting projects across all teams while working independently and leading small to medium scale projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
80% Support technical internal software development, or software acquisition projects by:(a) Developing user stories, process flow, data flow and other project documents (b) Creating and managing timelines and deliverables; updating issues and creating project reports in Jira and Confluence (c) Tracking progress against sprints and deadlines (d) Performing initial testing of solutions before end user testing (e) Coordination of end user testing and management of issues (f) Developing new or modifies business processes to utilize solutions delivered (g) Developing user documentation, training materials as needed for deployment of solutions (h) Monitoring post launch project performance against established KPIs
10% Participate in strategic roadmapping exercises to assess future direction of the systems development and utilization.
10% Assist in developing and promoting best practices in project management across the IT team
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 1 year experience that demonstrates project management skills; demonstrated skills as a technical lead preferred
- Experience with agile project management
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or database systems; SQL skills preferred
- Highly diverse technical background in software development, implementations, data migration, or system engineering preferred
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Strong desire of achieving operations excellency and efficiency through technology-oriented, process-oriented, data-driven, and systematic solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to partner with business leaders to provide appropriate technology solutions, and to build productive relationships with technical and non-technical users
- Excellent written and verbal communication, particularly the ability to effectively communicate to non-technical audiences regarding technical matters
- Pleasant, positive outgoing manner and solution oriented attitude. Strong Customer Service skills.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation's cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.Back Apply Now