Systems Innovation Scientist, Senior Technical (ST)
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
A. For the GS-854 and GS-855 Professional Engineering Series:
Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Specified academic courses
Related curriculum - With this criteria, applicants also need verification of employment from a supervisor stating you have performed professional engineering duties.For more detailed information on the above criteria, please go to http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800/
For the GS-1550 Computer Science Series:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
B. MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQ): All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements up to 1 page per technical qualification.
1. Demonstrated successes leading the technical development and delivery of complex information technology systems and services supporting a multi-billion dollar agency or company.
2.Experience providing technical insight and reliable advice to acquisition of computer technology, including Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) programs with the ability to evaluate SBIR proposals, and make recommendations and to help arrive at the best solutions supporting DISA/DOD missions and objectives.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of computer systems engineering, architecture, cloud based solutions/ computing; with extensive experience in many environments including computer laboratories, production facilities, technology acquisition, and program offices. Experiences should include theoretical systems solutions/designs, simulations and modeling of components/architecture, computer engineering structures, and innovative systems.
C. SENIOR PROFESSIONAL (SP) QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the senior professional qualifications. You must address each senior professional qualification separately. Please limit your written statements up to 1 page per qualification.
1. Work experience should demonstrate the ability to negotiate with senior leaders and subject matter technical experts of the federal, military services, private industry, and/or academia to arrive at acceptable technical and business solutions and agreement on highly complex and possibly controversial information technology issues; and
2. Stature in the profession as indicated by memberships and activity in professional and scientific societies, honors, awards, and other recognition and leadership in national and international scientific communities. Contributions and professional reputation as evidenced by citations, patents, and/or publications which advance knowledge in the information technology/computer engineering/science/electronics fields.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
Positive Education: The incumbent must be a recognized leading authority in the fields of computer science/computer engineering/electronics engineering or a related discipline with progressive professional experience at high levels of Government or business organizations responsible for complex computer/IT programs. An undergraduate degree or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electronics Engineering, from a U.S. accredited university is mandatory. However, a PhD in a scientific, electronics, or engineering discipline and at least ten years experience in the research, design and development of advanced computer technology systems is highly desired.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
As a nationally or industry recognized computer engineering/scientist leader and technical authority, the incumbent monitors, reviews, advises, and develops advanced computer technology and solutions. Has a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of computer systems engineering, architecture, cloud based solutions/ computing, with extensive hands-on experiences in many environments including computer laboratories, production facilities, technology acquisition, and program offices. Experiences should include theoretical systems solutions/designs, simulations and modeling of components/architecture, computer engineering structures, and innovative systems.
Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, and growth & learning. To find out more, visit our benefits information page:
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.disa.mil/careers/benefits.html
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
- TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
- The incumbent must be eligible to obtain and maintain, at minimum, a Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- The position is a Drug Testing Designated Position.
- The incumbent is required to comply with the provision of the Ethics in Government Act, Public Law 95-521, as amended, which requires the submission of a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE 278, upon assuming the position, annually, and upon termination of employment.
- Permanent Change of Station Costs (PCS) will be paid.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education. Your application will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check. The Executive Resources Board (ERB) will review results and make recommendations on final selections to the appointing authority.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI