Medical Social Worker
**SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $15,000
TO CANDIDATE SUCCESSFULLY HIRED**
- Responsible for the provision of medical social work services to patients receiving care in the hospital setting.
- Assesses the social, psychological, cultural, environmental, and financial situations, as well as disposition needs, for each assigned patient.
- Collaborates with patients, families, healthcare team members, and community agencies to develop and implement plans to address identified needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of plans and initiates change as needed.
Recently named a Top 15 Health System for 2018 by IBM Watson Health, Sentara is one of the most progressive and integrated healthcare organizations in the country. We are dedicated to providing leading medical experts, outstanding support teams, advanced technology and continuous innovation to meet our mission of improving health every day of the patients we serve.
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital, located in Charlottesville, Virginia, is a Magnet status, 176-bed facility featuring all patient friendly private rooms. Since its founding more than 100 years ago, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital has constantly evolved to meet the diverse healthcare needs of the patients who trust us with their care. Today, our vision is as clear as it was to our founders. We will continue to set the standard for clinical quality and personalized healthcare services. Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital was recognized by Soliant Health as the 2012 Most Beautiful Hospital in America.
As the third largest employer in Virginia, Sentara Healthcare was named by Forbes Magazine as one of America's best large employers. We offer a variety of amenities to our employees, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement funds with matching contribution
- Supplemental insurance policies, including legal, Life Insurance and AD&D among others
- Work Perks program including discounted movie and theme park tickets among other great deals
- Opportunities for further advancement within our organization
Sentara employees strive to make our communities healthier places to live. We're setting the standard for medical excellence within a vibrant, creative, and highly productive workplace. For information about our employee benefits, please visit:
Join our team! We are committed to quality healthcare, improving health every day, and provide the opportunity for training, development and growth!
Responsible for the provision of medical social work services to patients receiving care in the hospital setting. Assesses the social, psychological, cultural, environmental, and financial situations, as well as, disposition needs, for each referred patient. Collaborates with patients, families, healthcare team members, and community agencies to develop and implement plans to address identified needs. Evaluates effectiveness of plans and initiates change as needed. Uses crisis intervention, problem solving model, community organization, and advocacy skills in identifying needs and resources in the hospital and community.
Master's Level Degree - SOCIAL WORK
Required: Related - 1 year
Preferred: Acute Care - 1 year
Required: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Preferred: Basic Life Support
Required: Communication, Critical Thinking, Service Orientation
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Certification in Case Management (CCM, ACM RN-C) required within one year of eligibility. BLS required within 90 days of hire.
External Posting Description