Alumni Events Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Alumni Events Assistant
The George Mason University Alumni Relations Office is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for an Alumni Events Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Under the direction of the Alumni Relations Office Manager, the Alumni Events Assistant will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Office of Alumni Relations programming staff, with a primary programming focus on Mason Young Alumni and Student Events.
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of meetings and events
- Assisting with the creation of event collateral materials, signage, printed pieces, and files
- Creating events online through the alumni website (including calendar announcements, event information/details landing pages, and building registration forms).
- Coordinating and executing on-site event management, including but not limited to:
- Participate and work at all Student and Young Alumni programs/events, as schedule permits.
- Assisting with online and in person registrations
- Assisting with recruiting volunteers, coordinating needs and communicating expectations to the volunteers prior to the event
- Assisting physically at on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and AV support (including at major events, and other events as assigned)
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of mailing, media and guests lists
- Assisting in providing customer service to George Mason Alumni and event guests
- Developing communications and marketing around events (such as emails, social media, mailings, etc.)
- Developing the following components of events management for assigned events: BEOs, timelines, calendars, reports, diagrams, etc.
- Researching items for the events such as but not limited to catering services, giveaways, venues, entertainment, and other services.
- Organizing supplies for events
- Entering data into spreadsheets and databases to track registrations
- Developing and administerings post-event evaluation surveys.
- Developing various inventory assessments for review/promotional item orders.
- Preparing post-event/program cost analyses reports for various programs throughout the fiscal year.
- Assist in the development and review of program budgets, tracking expenditures and income using basis bookkeeping practices.
- Maintain effective partnerships with University departments, alumni chapters, and academic schools and colleges (including Orientations, Student Involvement, Events, Management, etc.)
- Assisting with answering the main-line phone and transferring calls to appropriate staff.
- Assisting with providing customer services to alumni and guests when they come into or call into the Alumni Relations Office.
- Assisting in supporting a culture of customer-service excellence and priority.
- Attend staff and committee meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Alumni Relationsâ€™ staff, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone work), and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage, successfully prioritize and be flexible regarding multiple simultaneous projects occurring with often overlapping deadlines, within a fast-paces environment
- Advanced computer skills â€“ sufficient experience with Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Interest in Higher Education, Nonprofit Management, Event Planning, Hospitality Management, or Volunteer Management industries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse environment of alumni, volunteers, students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to represent the Alumni Relations Office in a positive professional manner.
- Some comparable work experience.
- Current graduate students are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :