Program Administration Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
CBP â€“ Business Incubation Center Manager
The Community Business Partnership (CBP) is an independent not-for-profit organization that is part of George Mason Universityâ€™s Mason Enterprise Center under the Office of Research and Economic Development. CBPâ€™s mission is to be a complete resource center providing training and support to those seeking to build successful small businesses. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This includes business incubator space at the CBPâ€™s headquarters at 6564 Loisdale Court, Suite 600, Springfield, VA. The incubator provides both in-house and virtual incubation services such office space, room rentals, mail boxes, and other program offerings to support the needs of growing small business.
The Business Incubation Center (BIC) Manager position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Provide on-site program development and management of the Business Incubation Center including:
- Create and manage program BIC operating budget, negotiate agreements with BIC clients and other local organizations, interact with community partners, and payment of invoices.
- Manage operation of the CBP facilities to include client needs and requests, maintenance, phone, internet, mail & package distribution, and purchasing of supplies and equipment through appropriate channels.
- Coordinate all BIC business assistance services programs including assessing client needs by utilizing incubator industry surveys, making recommendations and overseeing service delivery to the benefit of client companies. (i.e. PTAP, SBDC, WBC, VBOC, BFC, etc.)
- Build relationships with BIC clients. Develop impact and experience survey instrument(s) and assess results of incubator experience. Report results directly to CBP Executive Director as well as to stakeholders as appropriate.
- In coordination with CBP and MEC partners, develop and implement regular and frequent networking and educational programs to support BIC client growth & development, to attract and recruit new clients in support of county initiatives and new target markets.
- Support CBP outreach and business education and training promotional activities.
- Provide fiscal and contractual management of all program operations (client contracts, invoicing, budget, P&L, etc.). Required Qualifications
- Strong social/communication skills, knowledge of P&L, basic business knowledge, customer service skills, basic computer and computer software knowledge & program oversight/marketing skills.
- Sales experience (full sales cycle from lead generation to deal closure) must be demonstrated. Preferred Qualifications:
- 4-year undergraduate/Bachelorâ€™s degree or comparable experience. Education or training in Business, marketing, Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :