Marketing Assistant, CVPA
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Marketing Assistant, CVPA
George Mason Universityâ€™s College of Visual and Performing Arts is looking for a part-time Marketing Assistant to support its marketing efforts of the Center for the Arts and the Hylton Performing Arts Center. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
This position is approximately 20 hours per week and it is based on site at George Mason Universityâ€™s Fairfax campus. Hours are somewhat flexible Monday-Friday between 9-5 p.m.
- Coordinating email marketing using Constant Contact;
- Assisting with maintenance of social media presence (primarily on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Managing Google AdWords campaigns; and
- Additional tasks may include: writing and disseminating press calendars, proofreading and coordinating the distribution of marketing materials, and assisting with audience engagement activities, among others. Required Qualifications:
- Experience with Constant Contact (or similar email service);
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Fluency in MS Office Suite; and
- Understanding of social media platforms. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Google AdWords;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Basic video editing skills; and
- Arts and/or marketing experience.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :