Senior Customer Solutions Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This position applies system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, and the sales organization, which help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. A Customer Solutions Engineer helps identify customer needs then designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. The CSE supports technical relationship with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilitiies Needed for this Role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline with at least three years of recent, relevant experience including at least one year of experience in satellite ground segment (satellite modem technologies) and related terrestrial equipment (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, up to 20%.
- Effective English language Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of and ability to create accurate link budgets.
- Advanced knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory; digital satellite network architectures; IP networking and at least basic knowledge of broadcast video distribution technologies.
- Desire and ability to make optimal decisions while collaborating with diverse internal and external customers under tight timelines.
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships, both internally and externally, so that customer experiences Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- Work with all levels of customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and Intelsat strategies.
- Support sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.