Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
This role is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Company's corporate financial planning, forecasting and reporting by providing leadership, financial analysis expertise, business acumen, and a strong desire to improve processes and controls. Through the management of all aspects of reporting and analysis of results utilized by Senior Management, this position will assist in gauging performance and provide guidance for strategic business decisions. The position supports many of the planning, analytical & reporting activities, including the recommendation of business plans that will meet and exceed future company goals. This is a high-profile position with interactions and dependencies internal and external to the finance area at all levels of the organization.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Lead the Corporate FP&A team, which is responsible for providing accurate, timely and meaningful financial insight to Functional, Business Unit & Regional Sales leaders. The Corporate FP&A team engages with leaders across the Company to analyze, report & plan revenue, operating expenses and capital expenses leveraging business acumen, established business trends and comparisons to budget & forecast to evaluate performance.
- Provide leadership for and develop strong working relationships with a team of direct reports; develop team members' skill sets and stretch talent to build future leaders and maximize the Corporate FP&A team's business impact.
- Partner with peers cross-functionally to develop and maintain the annual budget and five-year long-range plan both of which incorporate the financial impacts of the Company's strategies and initiatives.
- Oversee the recurring process of projecting current year & next year performance to include the maintenance of monthly outlooks and quarterly forecasts highlighting key issues, risks and opportunities, as well as relevant comparisons to Plan.
- Lead the production of the Monthly Business Report & Business Operations Review; institutionalize and ingrain commercial KPIs, provide insights and trends of the business to drive effective decision making by Executive Leadership and the Board, as well as internal stakeholders
- Leveraging an understanding of business dynamics, identify and implement enhancements that would result in more streamlined, consistent processes, workflow automation and the further adoption of a collaborative approach to planning to include robust information sharing and feedback loops. Provide leadership to ensure ongoing evolution of processes to accommodate next generation satellite technologies and solutions-based services.
- Provide support for quarterly external reporting, including public guidance and earnings releases.
- Provide Human Resources Compensation group with support to develop annual sales quotas & timely reporting and analytics for the ongoing administration of the Sales Incentive Plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting; or Bachelor's degree in associated field with robust experience leading a finance team.
- Advanced degree and/or CPA highly desired.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of financial planning experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of revenue forecasting experience.
- Experience working within divisional or business unit type structure.
- Strong bent to process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives.
- Systems proficiency including MS Office suite with advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex financial data and communicate succinct conclusions and recommendations.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP & other revenue recognition issues.
- Leadership and people development capability with strong problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead through change management
- Ability to adapt to new technology quickly
- Ability to strategically overhaul processes
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.