Senior Oracle Application DBA (1145-679)
The Senior Oracle DBA (E-Business Suite (EBS) Applications) understands the technical aspects of Oracle Databases and E-Business Suite in great depth, specifically 11gR2/12c databases and EBS R12.2.x. The individual provides project and day to day operational support for Oracle 11gR2/12c databases running Oracle Applications on R12.2.x. This role will monitor and tune databases to optimize stability and performance in standalone or clustered EBS environments. The Senior DBA will be the lead for planning, designing, creating, patching, and upgrading all Oracle EBS databases while following development standards as documented in USP Standard Operating Procedures for application development, software maintenance, validations and change control. Individual will be a key team member of the ERP team and will be responsible for all aspects Oracle E-business Suite database planning, design, back-up and recovery specifically 11gR2/12c and EBS R12.2.x. The incumbent will also provide senior level administration of all enterprise databases, and will provide backup and restore services for all enterprise database data. He/She will be responsible for providing recommendations for improvements and provide senior level troubleshooting services for quick problem resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary technical expert for Oracle database and Oracle 11i E-business suite management owning accountability for optimization including EBS security, performance tuning, troubleshooting, including leading and coordinating efforts with IT teams as needed for internal and external systems.
- Lead and responsible for identifying root cause for the application and database issues reported while providing production and operational support including pro-active database and application monitoring.
- Lead and proactively, debug and evaluate risks and coordinate issue resolution by successfully deploying into Oracle EBS 12.2.x application and database systems.
- Lead, develop and implement the technical procedures, standards and security for Oracle EBS Application databases.
- Lead and coordinate with team members to ensure releases are deployed correctly and that all change management processes are followed as per the defined SOP’s.
- Patch, install, upgrade and maintain Oracle E-Business Suite R12.2 or higher applications, databases including the e-commerce platform.
- Lead, perform and execute Oracle EBS applications and database administration functions (i.e. patching, monitoring and troubleshooting etc.)
- Provides DBA support for the Business Intelligence team and applications including Hyperion and OBIEE.
- Provide advanced assistance with implementing and maintaining more advanced database modules and features (e.g. replication, clustering, partitioning, etc.).
- Responsible for evaluating patching requests, communicating constraints, risks, issues and timelines for deployment.
- Leads and collaborates with development team peers to initiate and execute Oracle database and application updates.
- Provide recommendations, improvements and enhancements for existing and new databases and provide technical leadership and recommendation into the future direction of database technology.
- Lead, perform, execute and streamline cloning or similar activities to build/refresh non-production environments.
- Lead liaison efforts with internal business and IT teams and external efforts with vendors, suppliers and professional services during project engagements and research & development queries and initiatives.
- Supports and enforces change management by adhering to SOP’s, including maintenance across multiple environments, code promotion and deploying approved patches. Support and guide developers SQL and tuning and optimization
- Supports and execute IT security Audit Reporting and provide input and implement recommendations as required.
- Serve as the primary lead Oracle Application DBA, tasked with successfully recovering systems from Disaster for Deployed systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in providing advanced Application DBA support of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.x is mandatory
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g/12c is a must
- At least 8 years of experience in database design, administration, or maintenance.
- 6 Experience hands-on experience in managing Oracle database 11g and 12c on Redhat Linux platform
- Expertise in all major versions of technology stack including Database, iAS, Forms, Reports, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA, WebLogic and JVM.
- Hands-on operational expertise as an Oracle DBA, with technology including RAC, SSO, DataGuard, High Availability and Backup/Recovery.
- Experience with Oracle RMAN backup and recovery with NetBackup
- At least 10 years of hands on working knowledge with SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell commands and scripting are required.
- Master’s degree is preferred. Must have ability to support customizations, sharing implementation and best practices advice during patching and upgrade cycles.
- Solve complex issues using methodical troubleshooting based on expert knowledge of Oracle EBS applications functionality and technology
- Requires ability to work on assigned tasks independently with limited direction
- Develop and update documentation of all support DBA processes and procedures
- Takes accountability for assigned tasks and deliverables and escalates appropriately and in a timely manner as needed
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed.
- Strong knowledge of ERP R12 patches inter-dependencies on Oracle modules including AOL, Supply Chain, Financials, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle Applications utilities like adpatch, adclone, adrelink, adadmin, adcrtrl, FNDLOAD, etc
- Experience with Workflow, Workflow Mailer, and the Java Notification Mailer
- Experience with RAC, Standby database, Dataguard and E-Business failover/recovery and managing DR environments.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular