DIRECTOR, EDUCATION & OUTREACH
SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Director, Education & Outreach is responsible for leading and building upon world-class, consumer-focused educational content in support of the American Cleaning Institute’s (ACI) purpose. This position interprets and communicates ACI’s technical and legislative messages and product use information to consumers, educators, and other stakeholders. The Director, Education & Outreach must be able to communicate scientific information in a way that the lay audience understands. This position serves as a “face” for ACI and represents the Institute in public and media settings on a regular basis. Accordingly, the Director, Education & Outreach must be a clear and articulate communicator and present a professional demeanor and appearance.
This position develops education programs based on key industry issues as well as on the safe and proper use of industry products. The Director, Education & Outreach must possess the ability to build and grow relationships with internal and external stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
Bachelor’s Degree in consumer science, education, communication or a related field is required. Director, Education & Outreach should have at least five years of professional experience in public speaking and must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required. Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in developing educational program materials in support of a mission. This position requires someone to be collaborative, creative, enthusiastic, proactive and flexible, as well as have the ability to build the vision for ACI’s education and outreach programs. This position requires an excellent business acumen – the ability to assess a situation and make decisions and suggestions for improvement as well as an impeccable attention to detail and follow-through. A knowledge of the industry’s products and a background in science are preferred.
- Leads, writes and/or builds ACI’s consumer affairs-based educational programs from project initiation through successful project delivery with respect to budget, time, and resources with limited oversight.
- Manages department budget and identifies support needed to execute Institute’s priorities as it relates to educational programs.
- Manages existing consumer affairs efforts while also identifying and addressing program gaps. Develops new consumer affairs-based education programming to meet evolving industry, stakeholder and audience needs.
- Collaborates with other departments and ACI membership to better understand key areas of opportunity in stakeholder and consumer engagement, creating initiatives and deliverables.
- Promotes the use of ACI consumer affairs educational programs via conferences, workshops, and other related mechanisms.
- Represents ACI at professional meetings, to consumer groups, and via media interviews (including print, broadcast and online), as required.
- Produces regular consumer facing blogs for educators/communicators/allied industries.
- Initiates, develops and coordinates special ACI projects having an education or consumer focus.
- Works as a liaison between ACI and other international organizations on consumer affairs-based issues and programs that directly affect our member stakeholders.
BENEFITS: ACI offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to health insurance, 13 holidays, paid vacation, personal, and sick days, and a 401(k) plan.