Senior Coordinator, Digital Marketing
Position Summary: The Senior Coordinator is part of the Marketing Services and Production unit and will manage, implement, and optimize multi-layered email marketing programs that serve several domains and departments within NAFSA. Reporting to the Director, Marketing Services and Production, the incumbent will schedule and monitor the impact of all email marketing activities and provide project management for digital marketing and creative efforts, as well as ensuring the timely distribution and analysis of the impact of digital promotional campaigns.
The Senior Coordinator works closely with internal NAFSA stakeholders and external vendors and should exhibit outstanding attention to detail. The successful candidate must communicate timeline expectations while maintaining schedules for concurrent projects. Negotiating communications upgrades and edits with multiple stakeholders and numerous marketing and organization-wide campaigns is part of the position portfolio. The individual selected will be responsible for contract management for both digital and additional vendors as assigned by the Director of Marketing Services and Production or the Senior Director of Marketing.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Manage email marketing programs and campaigns with strategies and plans developed by the Marketing Department or other departments within NAFSA and to ensure that project deadlines are met
- Manage promotional activities with internal production, Technology Solutions/Support departments as well as external vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate production reviews and approvals with internal clients, following established guidelines for NAFSA style and brand.
- Monitor vendor budgets and contractors to ensure expenditures remain within budget parameters.
- Collect, review, prepare, and analyze statistical tracking reports on individual promotion efforts and report results against plan objectives. Maintain current and historical comparative data, competitive analysis and provides management reports as assigned.
Manage the schedule and production of HTML e-mail campaigns using Informz for the design, transmission, and front-end tracking of campaign activity
Conduct list research, acquire lists, and extract appropriate lists from NAFSA iMIS database
Implement best-practice email marketing testing and test schema designs to elevate and optimize performance results
Support development of video production for annual conference and promotional videos working with marketing staff
Support annual conference and small event on-site marketing needs
Conduct training and provide consultation for staff regarding email marketing communications and video promotion development
Assist with other marketing and organizational advancement duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Experience with Informz or other e-mail marketing platforms
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced ability to manipulate numbers in spreadsheets necessary for project and data analysis
- Capacity to handle multiple, competing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working effectively with various levels of staff and association volunteers
- Previous exposure to email marketing campaign design and video production
- Experience working with designers, copywriters, printers, mail-house, or list brokers
- Familiarity with extracting database information
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and XML
- Experience with e-marketing and publicity releases
- Ability to track project costs and perform account reconciliations
- Familiarity with nonprofit, association or business-to-business marketing
Scope of Supervision
The Senior Coordinator does not supervise staff.
The Senior Coordinator has considerable contact with other members of the NAFSA staff as well as external vendors. As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference, regional meetings, and other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.