Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing Specialist
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing Specialist develops, optimizes and executes search engine strategy for the university’s key marketing and communications priorities. This position will analyze, review and implement changes to digital content so it is optimized for organic search to drive inbound traffic and improve rankings. The SEO Specialist needs to have in-depth understanding of SEOstrategies, knowledge of multiple analytics and tracking tools, and experience in creating marketing plans and reports to share with team members, campus partners and senior leadership. S/he will also be critical in shaping strategy for the creation of original content and digital marketing campaigns to engage our audiences and improve the university’s relevancy.
Additionally, the specialist will manage the university’s enterprise search engine platform in partnership with the Division of Information Technology. S/he will provide insights into users’ search terms, refine display of search results and rank relevant pages and content, with the goal of delivering a reliable, accurate and intuitive search experience to internal and external web visitors.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, analytics, computer science or related major.
5-8 years of SEO experience with proven results working either in-house or at an agency, focusing on a marketing, communications and/or higher education.
Experience creating SEO marketing and communications plans, presenting plans for approval and executing those plans with proven results.
Experience with reporting/tracking tools including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Google Search Console, SEO optimization platforms such as Search metrics, and data-driven SEO analysis.
Experience working with cross-platform teams to implement SEO strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of SEO methodologies and best practices
• Ability to cultivate SEO keywords and phrases to drive web traffic.
• Analyze data and identify trends to expand and optimize content
• Knowledge of systems and best practices to ensure that all content is optimized for SEO
• Ability to create and implement SEO plans and strategies resulting in tangible growth in organic traffic
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to continually learn and keep up with industry changes
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Ability to take constructive criticism and adjust accordingly