Internal Medicine or Family Practice
Neighborhood Health is northern Virginia’s first Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing high quality primary care, dental care, behavioral health, and enabling services to over 16,000 patients across nine clinical sites in the City of Alexandria, Fairfax County, and Arlington County.
The statements in the job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, as other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
The Family Practice Physician provides quality clinical services to children and adults throughout the life span within a community-based setting that promotes healthy lifestyles, prevention of illness and injury and management of chronic conditions. Activities involve direct patient care, physical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, referral for health and nutrition education, referral for specialty services as needed and follow-up. Provides care in collaboration with the center’s team of physicians, nurse practitioners, behavioral health and dental providers, pharmacists, nurses and medical assistants.
Demonstrates a sincere dedication and loyalty to the philosophy and mission of Neighborhood Health.
- Successful completion of 4 years of medical school and residency in a certified program
- Must be board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine. If not board certified, must obtain certification within one year of hire
- Dedication to the mission of Neighborhood Health and to working with an underserved population
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work force and client base
- Prior outpatient clinical experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.