Contact Representative (Information Intake) (American Sign Language)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Ability to manage the accuracy of information captured and an ensure that information is properly documented in applicable system.
2. Ability to communicate with persons of diverse cultural, socio-economic & educational backgrounds.
3. Ability to defuse disgruntled emotional callers and maintain neutral non-judgmental behavior.
4. Skill in provide immediate assistance to customers, by analyzing and answering customer questions and performing following-up action based on information retrieved or accessed from a computerized database.
5. Ability to respond to specific procedural and technical inquiries from the general public.
6. Ability to explain in ASL complex technical procedures, regulations, laws or rules to members of the general public.
7. Skill in computers to retrieve information and provide assistance to the public on rights, timeframes, or obligations under a law, rule or regulation.
8. Ability to write and prepare correspondence in response to complex inquiries for technical information and preparing a variety of other types work products.
9. Skill in using computer technology (database) in a customer service environment.
High School Graduate/GED
- EEOC will not pay travel, transportation and relocation expenses, You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card.
- You may be required to travel and you may be required to apply for a government travel card
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- As identical vacancies are identified, additional selections may be made from this announcement.
- Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
Applicants applying under Delegated Examining (all U.S. citizens) procedures will be rated under EEOC's Category Rating and Selection Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the Occupational Questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your score may be lowered and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If it is determined you meet minimum qualification requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for Veterans' Preference will receive selection priority over non-veteran preference eligibles. The candidates placed in the Best Qualified category will most likely be forwarded to the selecting official.