Program Manager, Center on Privacy & Technology
Program Manager, Center on Privacy & Technology - Georgetown University Law Center
Tradition. Innovation. A superb faculty, hundreds of course offerings — and all of this just steps away from the Capitol and Supreme Court. Georgetown Law is an exceptional institution in an enviable location. Students come here from all over the world to study international or tax law, environmental or health care law (just a few of our specialties). They come here for our top-ranked clinics. Most of all, they come because this is the place where theory and practice meet. At Georgetown, students learn the law in the place where laws are made.
Georgetown Law's Center on Privacy and Technology is a think tank focused on privacy and surveillance law and policy - and the communities they affect.
The Program Manager independently manages the Center's research program on face recognition technology and supports the Center's logistical and administrative requirements. Reporting to the Center's Executive Director, and assisting in the oversight of student research assistants, the Program Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops the strategy, policy and processes associated with the Center's face recognition program.
- Develop ideas and options for review and decision by Center directors and faculty.
- Initiates, develops, and conducts research related to face recognition.
- Writes reports, white papers, and other pieces based on research.
- Pitches ideas present at practical and academic conferences.
- Evaluates effectiveness of the face recognition program on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates with media professionals about ongoing research developments.
- Provides public relations support in conjunction with subject matter expertise.
- Juris Doctor degree
- 5 to 7 years of experience working for a research organization
- Demonstrable interest in, and commitment to, public interest policy advocacy at the intersection of technology and the law
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.