Office of the Chief Academic Officer
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.3
Location: Adelphi, MD
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a highly organized and creative individual with strong communication skills for the Executive Coordinator position at UMUC. The ideal incumbent will possess a combination of skills relating to executive support for UMUC's Chief Academic Officer (CAO). The CAO works with a large internal team within the university, travels to multiple locations, and collaborates with many external stakeholders.
Clear and engaging communications is a core function of the CAO role and the ideal incumbent will serve as a strong partner to enhance stakeholder collaboration and engagement. This role focuses on executive administrative presentation skills and will be a great fit for someone looking to work in a university environment with multiple advancement opportunities in various departments.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as administrative point of contact internally and externally for the CAO
- Coordinates CAO meetings with multiple participants and managing an active calendar of appointments
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CAO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CAO's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participate as an ex-officio and supporting member of the Academic Affairs Leadership Team, including assisting in scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, recording minutes, decisions and action items, and keeping records
- Assist in coordinating team meetings, off-sites, and all-staff meetings
- Research, review, check and compile a variety of information; collect and verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures; and prepare reports as required; file records as required.
- Ensure that the CAO's bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CAO and Academic Affairs in general
- Complete expense reports
- Execute all purchases for the office following UMUC, USM and State of Maryland policy to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Maintain department supplies, forms, and equipment.
- Organize and maintaining files, documents and deliverables
- Supervise the work of the Office of the CAO's Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of five years of related experience in executive support
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, organizational, editing, and proofreading skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proficiency with personal computers and supporting software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.