Engineer,Customer Solutions Engineering North America
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17141.Solutions Development
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Apply system level communications engineering expertise to provide pre-sales and post-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers, which help drive revenues and ensure customer satisfaction. Help identify customer needs then design technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and customer perceived risks. Support the technical relationship with the customer for the life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during times of technical/operational difficulties.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be considered for the role:
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar discipline
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20%.
- At least intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Effective English language skills, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory.
- Basic knowledge of satellite network architectures and IP networking.
- Ability and desire to work in a collaborative, solutions-oriented environment
Additional knowledge, skills and abilities considered desirable:
- Experience in satellite ground segment equipment and terrestrial IP networking is a plus
- Develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships so that customer experiences Intelsat's Technical and Operational Excellence.
- Work with all levels of customer organization to help the sales team identify the customer needs and drivers both technically and financially.
- Perform communications system design and feasibility analysis to develop solutions that meet both the customer needs and the Intelsat strategies.
- Support the sales team through customer needs assessments, proposal development and customer communications.
- Support satellite grooming initiatives by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management, sales, and operations to help achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum costs to Intelsat and maximum benefit/minimum disruption to the customers.
- Support satellite transitions and role consolidation activities by providing technical analysis and coordination between customers and the capacity management team and sales to achieve smooth and effective transitions.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.