Senior Information Services Analyst (1140-679)
The Senior Global Information Services (GIS) Analyst is part of the Portfolio Office team within the Global Information Services (GIS) Division. This individual contributor will work collaboratively with GIS leadership to analyze and report on digital services, portfolios and products. The incumbent will track and analyze spend against budgets, and resource activity against GIS services. The Senior GIS Analyst will understand the budget, systems, and work activities of the division and will provide accurate and timely reporting and forecasting activities, as well as evolve and mature analysis and reporting activities, and be the liaison between GIS and our Accounting and Finance partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads/participates in key financial processes, including annual planning & budgeting, monthly stewardship of digital costs, and forecasting
- Provides support on financial processes, tools and reports; collaborates with BRM’s/Project Managers throughout the business case development, project cost estimation process, and development of resource plans to produce accurate project/program budgets; ensures cost estimates are comprehensive, accurate and tracked properly (e.g. CapEx, OpEx, Actuals, Ongoing costs)
- Supports the Capital Planning process as well as monthly reconciliation; supports project/ portfolio reviews; establishes appropriate communications to improve transparency and track financials (i.e. reports, metrics, meetings, KPIs, etc.), enabling GIS Leadership to make informed decisions that maximize returns across projects, programs and operations
- Convenes discussions to facilitate reallocations between budget items whenever the need for unplanned spending is identified.
- Gathers and analyzes data to create reports that help USP understand the cost of digital investments and spend on technology.
- Develops processes to track and report on work throughput as well as the backlog of work in the division.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for the project portfolio management tool: coaches staff on use of the tool to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Working closely with GIS leaders, leads capacity planning and refreshes on a monthly basis to show variations/gaps in meeting the business demand. Identifies resource bottlenecks that limit division throughput.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, economics, or an applicable field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience developing management-level reports on financial activities.
- Experience with portfolio management and/or performing analysis and reporting functions for digital investments.
- Analytical mind with a strong understanding of IT, Project Portfolio Management (PPM), and with proven expertise in producing financial reports for Executives.
- Excellent project and task orientation skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments in an organized, logical, results-oriented manner.
- Strong knowledge of office technologies, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), with a deep knowledge of spread sheet development and data series graphing.
- Good knowledge of IT systems, data analysis, and capacity analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and interact with all staff levels in a diplomatic, professional manner.
- Flexible, comfortable with a dynamic changing environment, and demonstrated natural instinct for cooperative communication and collaboration.
- Excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication skills. Possesses the ability to communicate the “story” behind the numbers at the right level for the right audience: Managers to Executives
- Excellent customer service attitude and ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to demonstrate discretion with regard to confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to occasionally work flexible hours.
- Familiarity with information technology terms, and project portfolio management tools desirable.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in handling assigned projects.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, and traditional PPM metrics including (CapEx, OpEx, Actuals, IRR, NPV, EV, ETC, CPI etc.)
- Observant and willing to share observations candidly with GIS management.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular