Producer, Visual Storytelling Team
PRODUCER, VISUAL STORYTELLING TEAM
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Producer, Visual Storytelling Team, will work as a part of the Visual Storytelling Team (VST) within Brand and Communications to oversee production of individual video projects and series as assigned, as well as share day-to-day production operations. Key areas of activity will include a) producing videos, with limited supervision and requiring independent decision-making skills b) shooting, editing and creating graphics for video content, c) supporting media asset management and video library operations, d) general post-production operations support, and e) administrative production functions such as scheduling and budget tracking. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and will collaborate regularly with other members of the VST and Social Media teams.
- The Producer will manage production of individual video projects as agreed by Marketing management. Manage internal and external client and partner relations. Create and manage schedules and budgets with limited supervision. Work with divisional leadership to hire and onboard vendors such as cameramen, sound recordists and external production companies. Help facilitate vendor contracts with the guidance of General Counsel and finance staff. Oversee story development. Conduct and/or manage original shooting, video editing, scriptwriting, creating motion graphics and effects, audio mixing, music direction, distribution of video deliverables, and proper acquisition and storage of legal documentation.
- Collaborate with other VST members on technical and production tasks related to maintaining post-production facility and post-production work flow across projects. Assist with maintenance of filming and post-production equipment. Encode, export and transfer video files. Prepare assets for production and distribution. Trouble-shoot moderately-complex technical issues. Create and implement new post-production workflows. Assist with equipment maintenance. Research new technology, software, workflows and trends.
Asset Management System Support:
- Collaborate with other VST members in organizing and implementing the new media asset management system. Independently organize and ingest footage into the media asset management system. Assist in ingesting footage from other projects. Service research and footage requests from across the organization. Assist in the collection and archiving of footage shot by third parties across the organization such as country program offices.
- Collaborate and support as needed all VST film shoots and post-production work. Coordinate, track and manage administrative and budgetary tasks as assigned, such as processing vendor contracts and payments, submissions of work to film festivals, coordinating transcription and translation services as needed, procurement needs and basic film/video shoot scheduling and logistics. Assist with location planning, permitting, logistics, footage acquisition.
- Typical office environment.
- Some domestic and international travel required. Will be required to carry video equipment and work in harsh field conditions, including extreme weather, wildlife or disease hazards, hiking on uneven terrain, staying in rustic accommodations, working alone or with limited assistance, and traveling by small aircraft or boat.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, Science, Conservation, Policy or other relevant fields to Conservation International’s work and/or videography.
- 3-5 years relevant experience with working knowledge of production operations, including:
- Field video production.
- Adobe Creative Cloud software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Media management and video archiving best practices.
- Scheduling, production logistics and budget development and tracking.
- Video storytelling as it relates to social media and interest in exploring emerging trends.
- Experience creating short form video such as television promos, commercials, or PSA’s that demonstrate a knowledge of fast-cut editing, visual effects, and short form narrative; OR motion graphic design such as animated explainer videos, animated info-graphics, and motion graphic support to conventional production.
- Experience producing video for key social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Strong working knowledge of any of the following: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesian, Mandarin.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.