Director, Customer Service
The purpose of this position is to provide management and strategic development of the Association's consumer and member service efforts and to coach the staff members who provide customer service and product sales support to ASHA members and constituents. The Director is responsible for needs assessment and implementation of customer service guidelines, practices, technologies, and practices that contribute to revenue growth. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development of policies and programs that enhance ASHA services and resources to ASHA members and consumers, and improve the efficiency in information and resource dissemination. The incumbent will interact with other National Office units to coordinate communication and marketing initiatives for ASHA programs, products and services and to build the respect and trust of internal and external customers.
- Implement efficient departmental practices and quality standards that sustain a high level of customer service and achieve revenue growth.
- Coach staff members on achieving performance objectives, monitor and evaluate staff performance and provide consistent and regular feedback on progress toward achieving individual and team goals.
- Assess training needs of customer service and product sales specialists assuring that all representatives receive the information and training necessary to stay current on ASHA products, programs and services and other issues of interest and concern to ASHA members and constituents.
- Monitor the services of the Customer Service Cluster to members, consumers, and National Office staff to ensure effective delivery of services and implementing enhancements as necessary.
- Maintain staffing strategies and practices that support established service levels, necessary staff levels, and ensure appropriate departmental growth.
- Develop and manage the Action Center’s budget, providing reports and analysis as needed.
- Research and maintain familiarity with current customer service technologies so as to improve and expand the quality of service and efficiencies.
- Provide team building activities and professional development opportunities that support creativity and innovation in the contact center environment.
- Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree
- Five to seven years of customer service management experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of customer service methodologies, especially as it applies to call center and similar operations
- Understanding of the technical aspects of call center operations to include telephone systems, call tracking systems, and other systems required for operations
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously, set and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, administrative, and oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; diplomatic
- Team oriented; ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and problem solve independently and proactively about tasks related to job responsibilities; show initiative