NCTA has an exceptional work environment with great benefits.
Responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the Association servers, networks, and electronic communications systems.
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a complete familiarity with all of NCTA’s IT systems, including but not limited to e-mail, virtual machine hosting, telephony, wireless, remote access, security, database applications, and cloud services.
- Maintain an understanding of NCTA’s web operations, particularly the deployment and maintenance of the servers, applications, and infrastructure.
- Along with the other systems administrator, assume responsibility for uptime of NCTA network and servers through attention to logs and alerts, and through regular patching and updating.
- Handle implementation, maintenance, diagnostics, and repair of network infrastructure and server hardware and software.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in computer and networking technology.
- Assist Vice President and other systems administrator in crafting NCTA IT strategy.
- Perform routine tasks related to data backup and disaster recovery: Verify successful backups, perform periodic tests, and restore actual data as needed.
- Insure accurate maintenance, tracking, and disposal of all NCTA IT assets and supplies.
- Adhere to NCTA IT change management procedures, including the creation/resolution of trouble-tickets and all related documentation.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of any offsite meeting networks (e.g., the Kaitz office at Diversity Week).
- Provide user support as needed.
- Three years of experience in server and network administration.
- In-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with the latest Microsoft operating systems and server applications (SQL Server, Exchange, IIS), productivity software (Office), and cloud (Azure).
- In-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with recent versions of Microsoft operating systems, server applications such as SQL Server, Exchange, Internet Information Server, SharePoint, and desktop productivity software such as Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with scripting languages and concepts, particularly Microsoft PowerShell and related technologies such as WSH, ADSI and WMI.
- Familiarity with Linux server management from the command line as well as configuration and maintenance of common application s such as Apache, MySql and nginx. BASH scripting experience preferred.
- An understanding of networking concepts in general, familiar with configuration of firewalls and routers; experience with Cisco products is preferred.
- Be quick to grasp new and sometimes intricate concepts.
- Excellent communications skills: Reading proficiency and an aptitude for producing clear, concise, and grammatically correct documentation.
- A willingness to perform many duties after hours, either late at night or very early in the morning.
- Proficiency at time-management and task-prioritization.
- Attention to detail a must.
- A project-oriented mind-set: Plan, execute, follow up, document.
- An ability to complete projects with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Strict adherence to all company policies, including but not limited to work hours, dress code, and business ethics.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Capable of working with equal success either as a member of a team or independently.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.