Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant supporting the Office of Human Resources with administrative duties related to benefits and compensation administration, HRIS, payroll, compliance reporting and events planning. The Human Resources Assistant serves as the first point of contact for staff and others visiting the Office of Human Resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes new hire paperwork, benefit enrollments and employee terminations. Coordinates with payroll, IT and providers to maintain accurate deductions and record keeping.
- Processes all payroll changes bi-weekly in accordance with the payroll schedule by updating HRIS. This includes benefit deduction changes, employee status changes, equity increases, position upgrades, etc. Processes any out of cycle payroll items as needed on timely basis.
- Processes vendor payments, employee salary advances and reimbursements
- Maintains electronic timesheet system for all employees; including running balance/time entry reports; troubleshooting and adjusting time/leave entry issues before running of payroll; and updating employee cost centers/project codes as needed.
- Monitors paid intern hours and sick leave accrual. Calculates and updates monthly balances.
Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, Business or related field with a minimum three years of related work experience. Experience with HRIS platforms, preferably Abila products. Full competence in Microsoft Office Suite, including extensive knowledge of spreadsheets. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint helpful. Fundamental knowledge of HR policies/procedures and HR’s role and function. Please send resume/cover letter to: