Membership Development Manager
Membership Development Manager
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, cleans our air and water, and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Membership Development Manager reports to the Director of Membership. The core function of this position is to recruit new corporate members. Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop leads by researching companies and industry trends
- Lead an account through the full sales life cycle from lead to close
- Sell membership, including the closing of small and large sales
- Work with existing members to “upsell” them into premium categories of membership
- Travel to trade shows, conferences and other events on a regular basis for in-person recruitment
- Create a pre, on-site and post event sales strategy and plan, including systematic follow-up with potential members
- Direct and support efforts to effectively integrate the Membership Department’s activities with other departments throughout SEIA especially with Government Affairs, Research, and Communications.
- Update and maintain active pipeline with Salesforce CRM
- Work with Director to develop strategies to effectively exceed sales objectives with a focus on revenue and net gain growth. Benchmark best practices with other campaign-style fundraising operations and utilize the expertise of successful staff members in order to develop innovative approaches for short and long-term growth.
This position requires travel approximately 10% of the time.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience cold-calling and in-person sales (Experience in association sales preferred but not required). Must excel at in-person and phone meetings with prospective members, building rapport, and closing sales in a professional manner. Ability to close all types of sales from: small regional businesses to C-level Executives at Fortune 500 companies. Must be creative in developing innovative new methods for member recruitment and proven success in implementing them. Preferred experience with renewable energy and solar technology preferred but not required. Advanced skills or experience with Salesforce and Pardot. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong skills in process management, database management, and project management with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and be a team player. Passion to grow within both position and organization. Ability to travel required. Must have a can-do attitude and interest in advancing clean energy in the U.S.
SEIA compensation is competitive and will commensurate with experience. This position offers a base compensation with the opportunity for incentive compensation based on achieving sales targets.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.
SEIA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SEIA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we employ staff. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SEIA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.