Conservation Program Manager (Outreach)
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Qualification requirements must be met within 30
days of the job opportunity announcement closing
For information on qualification requirements,
see Qualification Standards Handbook for
General Schedule Positions viewable on the
web at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
You qualify for this position if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system. For this position, specialized experience is defined as (1) experience in cultural heritage conservation gained in a museum, or in another cultural institution, research lab, or in private practice and (2) experience lecturing on cultural heritage anti-trafficking and/or Provenience training programs and writing at least one formal conservation/technical studies report analyzing a seized object.
Flexible Spending Accounts -
Health Insurance -
Life Insurance -
Long Term Care Insurance -
Retirement Program -
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume will be used to evaluate your experience, education, and/or training that address the competencies below:
- Knowledge of cultural heritage endangered by disasters, climate and environmental changes, human conflict, international trafficking.
- Ability to master issues of complex governmental relations and Institution program goals and objectives, in order to maintain up to date knowledge of the critical issues.
- Ability to exercise a high-level of judgement, tact, and diplomacy combined with a thorough knowledge of trafficking issues and operations to ensure success in dealing with competing and controversial interests.
- Ability to communicate in writing that involves research and analyzing key issues that may impact an agency's mission, goals, and objectives and preparing reports and other written materials.
- Knowledge of on-line forums for outreach and experience with development of social media.
- Knowledge of administrative regulations to include travel authorizations (Concur), procurement (ERP), etc.
Applicants who meet or exceed minimum qualifications will be assigned to one of three category groups based on job-related criteria:
Best Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in most of the job related competencies above.
Better Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements and satisfies most of the job related competencies above.
Good Category - Meets the minimum qualification requirements, but does not satisfy most of the job related competencies above to a substantive degree.
This category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three", but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Category) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
Preference eligibles who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher.
Applicants who have not submitted a resume in the USAjobs system and/or have not answered all of the vacancy questions will not be considered for this position.
The review of your resume will determine your final rating and should provide sufficient information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Confidential Drug test required No