Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Pathways Recent Graduates Program Requirements:
If selected, you must:
1) Adhere to the Recent Graduates Program requirements.
2) Adhere to an established work schedule.
3) Perform, successfully, the assigned duties listed in your position description.
4) Participate in Department training classes or programs.
5) Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with assistance from your manager.
6) Select a mentor within 90 days of your date of hire.
7) Attend regularly scheduled meetings with mentor.
See additional "Conditions of Employment" noted below.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting or in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that:
(a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; AND
(b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; AND
(c) except for literal non-conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
Specialized experience for the GS-09, is one year of experience at the GS-07 level, or equivalent, which is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement. Specialized experience is defined as follows:
-Applying accounting principles and policies in order to perform various accounting functions; AND
-Examining loan level accounting invoices from a bank, issuer, servicer, or other entity to ensure request meets funding and account coding requirements; AND
-Reconciling contractor billings to contract award documentation to verify sufficient funding availability.
-2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree;
-You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Pathways Recent Graduates Education Requirement:
To be eligible for the Pathways Recent Graduates Program, you must have, within the previous two years, completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution; educational institutions must be accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U. S. Department of Education. Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years from the date they completed their degrees or certification.
Position/Series Education Requirement:
Please see "Qualification" section for position specific education requirements.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Applicant Call Center at 304-480-7300 for assistance.
- HUD may convert a Pathways Recent Graduate noncompetitively to term or permanent positions in the competitive service. The target position upon conversion is a GS-11 with a full performance level of a GS-13. However, conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed. Recent Graduates must be U.S. citizens and meet the following requirements to be eligible for conversion:
a. Complete at least one year of continuous service;
b. Demonstrate fully successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program;
c. Meet the OPM Qualification Standards for the competitive service position to which she or he will be converted;
d. Meet any other agency-specific requirements outlined in her or his Participant Agreement; and
e. Receive a recommendation for conversion from her or his first-level supervisor.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Subject to a one year trial period.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
HUD employees are prohibited under Section 7501.104, 5 Code of Federal Regulations from directly or indirectly owning, acquiring, or receiving:
- Federal Housing Authority debentures or certificate of claim;
- Financial interest in a project, including any single family dwelling or unit subsidized by HUD, or which is subject to a note or mortgage insured by HUD;
- Section 8 subsidies to or on behalf of a tenant of property you, your spouse, or a dependent child owns.
The following are exceptions to the Section 8 prohibition:
- The employee, or the employee's spouse or minor child acquires, without specific intent as through inheritance, a property in which a tenant receiving such a subsidy already resides;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy lived in the rental property before the employee worked for the Department;
- The tenant receiving such a subsidy is a parent, child, grandchild, or sibling of the employee;
- The employee's, or the employee's spouse or minor child's, rental property has an incumbent tenant who has not previously received such a subsidy and becomes the beneficiary thereof; or
- The location of the rental property is in a Presidentially declared emergency or natural disaster area and the employee receives prior written approval from an agency designee.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Systems and Technology, Technical, and Analytical skills. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories: Best Qualified, Better Qualified, and Qualified (Good) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here.