Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Equipment Program Administrator
George Mason University, Fiscal Services invites applications for an Equipment Program Administrator position responsible for maintaining the universityâ€™s equipment database in a current and accurate condition, coordinating the annual physical inventory of equipment and reporting the results to management. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Data entry and file management;
- Coordinate annual inventory with Equipment Liaisons;
- Train and work with Equipment Liaisons on Equipment policies and procedures;
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse population. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Accurate data-entry skills;
- Exhibit strong organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially intermediate Excel skills;
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn new software applications;
- Proven ability to work positively as a team member;
- Demonstrated success with customer service and satisfaction. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bookkeeping experience and/or basic accounting courses;
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience managing a database;
- Experience managing an equipment inventory in a large dynamic organization;
- Experience with TraQ software.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-23