Operations Data Analyst (Data Analyst I)
- Full Time
Serves as primary analytical support to the Operations Bureau. Performs trending, day-to-day, and quarterly analysis regarding fire department operations and performance by preparing statistical tables, charts and graphs to illustrate system performance and to analyze system response times. Works with a variety of data sources in a SQL environment, performing queries, creating and automating reports, and exporting data to support analysis. Assists with development of including data flow diagrams, defining methodologies and recommends additional areas of fire department operations to study. Will be required to use a variety of software to provide meaningful and useful analysis to support the department's mission of providing the highest quality service to protect the lives, property, and environment of the community. Position is under the direction and supervision of the Data and Analytics Manager.Employment Standards MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Any combination of education, experience and training equivalent to the following: graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in information technology, information systems, computer science, business administration, or related field and coursework in analytics, biosystematics, biology, information architecture, engineering, library science, statistics, sociology, demographics, and/or marketing; plus one year classification, use, or analysis of data experience in an academic, data administration, or analytics environment.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation prior to appointment and be re-certifiable throughout employment tenure;
- Some positions identified by departments must execute IT Employee Agreement acknowledging obligations under information security and privacy requirements in light of broad access to systems and data in the performance of job duties.
- Demonstrated ability to perform analysis and create logical methodologies for research.
- Prior experience as a paramedic, EMT, or other experience within a Fire Department or Fire-Based EMS system.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of the National Fire Incident reporting system (NFIRS) and relevant National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
- Proven ability to take direction as well as communicate and contribute to collaborative processes.
- Experience with multiple data analysis software, including Esri, GIS, Excel, Crystal Reports, SSRS, R, SPSS, SAS, Microsoft Power BI or SQL.
- Academic coursework in descriptive and inferential statistics preferred.
Job is sedentary in nature and does not generally require physical activity. However, appointee will be required to sit for long periods of time while utilizing a computer and keyboard. Duties may be performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Panel interview; may include exercise.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY.