Construction Manager (2 positions)
Through the years, AHC has become recognized regionally as a leader in the construction and renovation of apartment buildings. These efforts have improved the quality of life for thousands of low-and-moderate income residents in the Washington-Baltimore metro area and have strengthened many local neighborhoods. The corporate office is located in Arlington, VA. Please see our website at www.ahcinc.org.
The Construction Managers will be assigned by the Vice President of Construction, to partner with team members and other divisions at AHC, through the construction process. Responsibilities include: monitoring and coordinating work performed by contractors, architectural, engineering, and construction firms to ensure adherence to plans & specifications, project budget, and project schedule.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or architecture preferred. 2-3 years experience in residential construction management.
• Experience may be substituted for education.
• Experience with cost estimates and budget recommendations during the entire construction process.
• Proven ability to read and interpret all contract documents, plan details, diagrams, and manuals.
• Conversant with AIA documents, including all construction contracts, general conditions, and other related forms.
• Strong math and analytical skills. High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & other Construction software).
• Some knowledge of cost estimating and ability to make recommendations on new products.
• Strong communication skills to include experience with presentations to internal & external customers.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to travel periodically within the Washington, DC & Baltimore metro area as needed.
Send resumes & salary requirements to HR via email to (email@example.com) or fax to 703-486-0653 for immediate consideration. E/O/E.