Heavy Civil Bridge Construction Superintendent for the Mid-Atlantic
Technopref Industries Incorporation is part of Demathieu & Bard, an international construction group that currently employees approximately 3,000 women and men in Europe and North America. Currently, Technopref is seeking to a fill roles for Heavy Civil Bridge Construction Superintendents for bridge rehabilitation projects in the DC Metro area. Incumbents will work very closely with and the Field and Operations Management Team. If your resume reflects core competencies cited below, the management team at Technopref Industries Incorporation would welcome the opportunity to review your resume of interest.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:* (Additional responsibilities may be required and/or assigned.)
- This opportunity requires complete supervision of all on site- construction activities relevant to overseeing manpower scheduling, enforcing a safety culture, coordinating schedules with subcontractors and continous qualify control inspections throughout the progress of the project.
- The incumbent will meet with and resolve project issues with owners.
- The incumbent is expected to assist with scheduling and approving the delivery of site materials, equipment and as well as site inspections and investigations.
- The incumbent is expected to enforce a safety culture encouraging safe work practices and if any hazard or compromising practices are not up to standards, the incumbent will implement a solution/practice of resolve.
- The incumbent is expected to assist with managing budgets related to project resources.
- The incumbent is expected to also be an agent of policy enforcement ensuring all legal requirements and compliance obligations are followed per job site contractual obligations.
- The incumbent must have experience in making sound hiring decisions as well as ensuring relevant training is scheduled and d direction to perform work tasks is given.
- The incumbent will be involved in establishing means and methods as related to the project.
Core Competencies and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience relevant to Heavy Civil/Bridge Construction.
- Knowledge based on working relationships with owners, suppliers and subcontractors in the mid-Atlantic.
- 5 plus years of craft supervisory experience .
- Must be able to read and understand project specifications and plans.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, work under tight deadlines and deliver a meticulous work product.
- The incumbent will be responsible for documenting accurate time sheets and reports of the craft skilled workforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including but not limited to the ability to tactfully work through adverse situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to work under extreme weather conditions subject to extreme cold, heat, rain, snow and other inclement weather conditions.
- Performance of required duties will require the physical ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time subject to uneven construction work site terrain.
- The ability occasionally climb, stoop , bend, crouch, crawl and be able to safely distinguish between noise/volume levels associated with construction job site is vital to a safe job site work experience is required.
Qualifications/License / Registrations: *(Additional certifications and training are subjected to be required by the jobsite may be required from time to time.)
- Previous experience with large infrastructure projects with strict deadlines is a must.
- Expert knowledge in construction means and methods, safety requirements, cost control, scheduling and engineered drawing comprehension is required.
- OSHA 30 Certified , preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel as needed,
- CDL is a plus.
- *The ability to speak and write in French is an asset.
- Satisfactory drug screening results and a pre-employment physical are prerequisites of employment.
Salary and Benefits Offered: Technopref Industries Incorporation takes no short cuts in ensuring a safe work environment for it’s employees. Technopref offers a competitive salary starting and additional benefits including and not limited to healthcare, sick leave, vacation leave, 401K and ongoing professional training and development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Technopref is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity.
Technopref is committed to EEO .
Technoprefs hiring decisions are based on the business’ operational needs and individual competencies as related to employment opportunities. Technopref ‘s employees and applicants for employment are protected by federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and state and local laws designed to protect employees and job applicants from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, the company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Methods of Contact :
- Mail Resumes: Technopref Industries Incorporation
- 4725, Eisenhower Avenue,
- Alexandria, VA 22304
- Fax Resumes: 571. 488.9970