The Account Manager is responsible for developing and managing relationships with assigned CAQH accounts that result in the following:
- Understanding the value proposition of CAQH services.
- Maximized revenue from the CAQH services that accounts have purchased.
- Up-sell and expanded utilization of CAQH services to existing accounts.
- Recognition and understanding of the CAQH mission and vision.
The position requires a demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex relationships, identify customer needs, develop and execute plans and effectively identify and communicate value propositions to multiple decision makers.
- Proactively build strong account staff relationships and manage assigned accounts to achieve CAQH revenue goals and up-sell appropriate CAQH services.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of CAQH, its services and how they benefit assigned accounts.
- Develop and execute account specific strategies that identify client needs and positions CAQH services to meet those needs.
- Identify and analyze any client dissatisfaction and develop recommendations on how to address and drive satisfaction.
- Help drive solution development efforts to address account needs and coordinate the involvement of all necessary CAQH personnel.
- Track account activities, identify and report trends, and incorporate findings into existing and future plans.
- Identify and assess market demands, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitor activities that can impact account goals and strategic objectives.
- Cultivate stakeholder and industry relationships to promote CAQH services and incorporate their feedback.
- Respond to all client inquiries in an informed, timely and professional manner; captures all necessary information to track each client’s needs.
- Track and report client interactions using Salesforce; ensuring that systems are current.
- Learns and shows proficiency in the functions of CAQH Solutions. Acts as a SME for assigned clients. Perform collection activities as required.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be required to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and good time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility, reliability and follow-through skills necessary.
- Able to work well independently and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the client.
- Ability to listen actively, synthesize client or needs and then present CAQH product and solutions in a flexible and responsive manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks seamlessly without a drop-in quality. Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow consistently to resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ability to experience negative results and yet retain and sustain focus, professionalism and enthusiasm for work and CAQH products over an extended period.
- Ability to interact, cooperate and work closely with all levels of internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and sustain high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
- Possesses a strong work ethic and desire to contribute individually, to the team, and to the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.
- Five or more years of account management and/or sales experience in health insurance or health information technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Proven history of successful account management: promoting a product or service while developing and managing successful client relationships.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Marketing, Communications, Healthcare Administration or a related field.
Physical Work Activities and Conditions:
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than two consecutive hours in an 8-hour day interspersed with mobility.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 80% of the workday.
- The ability to lift and move up to 10 lbs.
- Private or semi-private office with controlled air temperature and usually quiet.
Percent of Travel:
- Varies from 15 - 30%.
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of the "Best Places to Work" by Modern Healthcare for three consecutive years, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans. Our initiatives include:
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.