FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Applying the theories, concepts, principles, and practices of financial management to provide advice on all phases of the budgeting process including formulation, preparation, execution, and accounting;
- Ensuring financial transactions are coded and entered in a format appropriate to the United States standard general ledger and the standard financial information structure in an Accounting Budget System;
- Conducting financial analysis in order to conduct complex analyses and to identify and propose solutions to financial related issues/problems that are significant and impact assigned programs, policies, and operations.
You may qualify at the GS-13 grade level, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Creditable experience includes:
- Ensuring complex financial transactions are coded and entered in a format appropriate to the United States standard general ledger and the standard financial information structure in an Accounting Budget System;
- Communication skills as applied to the preparation and communication of plans, reports, charts, graphs, briefings, and related correspondence in order to provide clear and concise budgetary and financial information;
- Using financial management regulations and programs, federal budgetary policies, procedures, and processes in order to develop clear and concise financial management operating procedures/policies and systems guidance that pertains to the budgetary process.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
GS-12: $ 81,548.00- $106,012.00
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Selectee or incumbent must be able to obtain the appropriate certification level for their position. This is a Financial Management Level 3 Certified position. IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy the incumbent shall comply with the requirements of DoD FM Certification program within the allotted timeframe.Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Re-employed Annuitant: This position does not meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
Based on the results of this evaluation, you will be placed in one of the following quality categories:
Best Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
Highly Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, including any selective placement factors and/or appropriate quality ranking factor(s) as determined by the job analysis.
Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s) and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Names of the candidates in the Best Qualified category will be sent first to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Applicants in other categories will be referred in accordance with category rating procedures.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veterans' preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .