Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position and determining if you are to be among the best qualified.Applicants must provide detailed evidence of possession of each of the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) listed below to assist reviewing officials in determining the best qualified candidates to be referred to the selecting official. FAILURE TO MEET OR ADDRESS ANY ONE OF THE MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS WILL ELIMINATE A CANDIDATE FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
The Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs) for this position are:
1. Substantive knowledge of all of the technical aspects of wireless telecommunications services, including new and proposed technological changes, particularly as informed by substantial recent experience working with leading-edge technologists in the field.
2. Demonstrated technical and/or policy experience in one or more fields related to wireless engineering (e.g., RF design, broadband network deployment), with exceptional communications skills needed to work with non-technical senior staff.
3. Demonstrated sound, mature judgment and ability to relate engineering issues to policy, law, and economics, and to manage engineering issues in accordance with legislative or regulatory guidance, including skills in conveying recommendations through oral and written communications.
4. Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience working with new technologies associated with emerging and innovative communications and spectrum management activities, in order to serve as an agency/ organizational technical authority resolving unique and controversial problems related to wireless telecommunication services, and other telecommunications related services.
Degree Professional Engineering. To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
If you are qualifying based on positive education, please provide a copy of your college transcript. The transcript may be unofficial or photocopy at time of application, but MUST provide the original if selected.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to receive credit towards qualifications. Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment.
EEO Policy Statement Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement Veterans Information Legal and Regulatory Guidance
- Before hiring, an agency will ask you to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. The agency will also ask you to sign and certify the accuracy of all the information in your application. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be fined or jailed. If you are a male over age 18 who was born after December 31, 1959, you must have registered with the Selective Service System (or have an exemption) to be eligible for a Federal job.
- If applicable, you will be required to serve a trial period of one year.
- In order for you to be employed at the FCC, there are certain Commission and Federal laws governing the financial interests of you and members of your immediate family. If selected for the position, you must submit a financial disclosure statement upon assuming the position.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your eligibility for consideration and qualifications for the position will be determined based upon a review of your detailed resume and your responses to job specific self-assessment questions including the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs). Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their application materials that they possess technical attributes in the MTQs. Please note that the MTQs must be addressed individually and in narrative form. You will be evaluated on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Your application may be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel or Subject Matter Expert, and only highly qualified candidates will be submitted to the Selecting Official for further review and consideration.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process.
To preview questions please click here.