General Engineer (Program Director)
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation MAY be paid contingent on the availability of funds.
You will need to successfully complete a background security investigation before you can be appointed into this position.
Please preview "Evaluations" section and "Qualifications" for additional requirements.
This position is outside of the competitive civil service.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, expertise, education, and research activities relevant to the duties of the position.
We strongly encourage you to specifically address the Quality Ranking Factors below. This will ensure that you receive full consideration in the evaluation process.
Quality Ranking Factors
- Knowledge and understanding of the mission and goals of the National Science Foundation (NSF) as well as how NSF interacts with the scientific community.
- Demonstrated ability to cooperate and work with peers in other scientific disciplines and to advocate program plans and policies to individuals in the Foundation, other government agencies, and academic institutions.
- Ability to organize, implement and manage a proposal-driven grant program, allocating resources to meet a spectrum of goals, including ensuring integrity and consistency in the grant award/decline management process.
- Demonstrated ability to provide intellectual leadership to achieve results that significantly enhance the strength and potential of the national engineering research community
- Proven expertise in managing research-related projects and/or programs, including strategic planning, development of budgets and schedules, resource management, identification and mitigation of risk, and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated research, analytical, and technical writing skills that evidence the ability to perform extensive inquiry into a wide range of significant issues related to research programs and facilities and make recommendations based on findings.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Q - Nonsensitive