STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
The Student Support Services Supervisor is responsible for the management, operations, coordination, and evaluation of the programs and services for Student Support Services in the Office of Student Services of Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) and for providing guidance and supervision to school social workers, the substance abuse prevention coordinator and specialists, and clerical support staff.
- Manages and evaluates the following programs and services: Positive Experiences in Educational Relationships (PEER), Insight, Smoking Reduction, Strategies for Ongoing Success, school-based support groups, case management, substance abuse prevention and intervention, individual special education assessment and counseling, clinical teams, Safe School Ambassadors, Student Assistance, and socio-cultural history reports.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates school social workers, substance abuse prevention coordinator and support staff; supervises licensed and classified staff; provides training and professional development opportunities for staff; and coordinates and supervises school social worker internship program in LCPS.
- Develops and implements procedures and guidelines related to social work and substance abuse prevention services; organizes, plans, and conducts monthly meetings with school social workers; and consults with staff and principals regarding specific situations and problem-solving.
- Assists in planning, implementing, and analyzing the following programs and services: bullying prevention, crisis intervention for critical incidents, depression awareness and suicide prevention, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, and threat assessment.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports complex outcome-oriented data related to Student Support Services; uses the data to determine trends and issues and communicates data, findings, and implications to stakeholders.
- Develops and manages the fiscal budget and expenditure of funds for Student Support Services.
- Works collaboratively with other offices in the Department of Pupil Services; collaborates with the Child Find Center staff to ensure school social work services to pre-school children and their families; and coordinates services and maintains on-going communication with Loudoun County Mental Health and other community agencies.
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW) and significant, successful administrative experience.
- Minimum of five years of successful experience in the public schools as a school social worker or supervising school social worker preferably with progressive responsibility.
- Experience providing clinical supervision and case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of local, State, and Federal requirements related to confidentiality and effectively executes this understanding in the workplace.
- Proven professional leadership qualities and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Student Support Services Supervisor reports to the Director of Student Services.