General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to serve as an Operations Analyst.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, the Operations Analyst will be an integral member of the Advancement and Alumni Relations Business Office and will be responsible for managing many of the day-to-day administrative and organizational activities.
Responsibilities: Human Resources
- Assists with recruitment, acquisition, and retention;
- Process Wage and Student Wage hires in GMU systems (Banner, Mason Onboard, Handshake, etc.);
- Process employee contracts, CTF/FTF transactions, funding change forms, etc;
- Track and facilitate annual reviews for Central staff;
- Facilitate employee transitions (i.e. exit survey â€“ a version custom for division; vacancies; maintain current EWPs for all positions as responsibilities change)
- Responsible for managing the 4-day onboarding program including scheduling trainers and new employee rotations;
- Coordination of mentor/mentee matches;
- Create and maintain electronic training handbook; and
- Re-design Advancement intranet to be more intuitive and practically resourceful. Finance
- Review and approve division-wide PCard purchases; reconcile expenses on a regular basis
- Review and approve all accounts payable, purchases, and travel requests for University (E&G) and Foundation funds allocated to The Office Advancement and Alumni Relations;
- Responsible for maintaining all financial and HR records, and providing reports as requested by the Director of Advancement Operations; and
- Trains staff regarding the processing of travel authorizations and reimbursements; and
- Other Duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement Operations in support of division priorities. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience;
- Several years of progressive and related business operations experience;
- The ability to work independently and at fast pace on multiple and complex projects simultaneously and demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and a positive attitude at all times.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess the ability to perform duties under limited supervision; have demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- The candidate must be resourceful and be able to research independently the best solutions for problems when they arise.
- The candidate must possess outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal skills, exercise good time management, enjoy working with people and speaking to groups, and have flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of Advancementâ€™s administration.
- The candidate must possess outstanding customer service skills demonstrated by the ability to interact effectively with administrators, faculty, and staff as well as partners outside of the University.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills are required for this position (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) as well as the ability to work within multiple internal databases and maintain consistent organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, requirements, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will enable the candidate to work well with diverse groups of people â€“ both visitors and staff from all backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in respect to staffing and human resource matters. Preferred Qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s degree;
- Business operations experience within higher education;
- Familiarity with Advance,Orbis (Business Objects), iModules, eVA, and e-Work.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-19