Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job Category : Research Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The George Mason University, Office of Research Computing invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Office of Research Computing supports the research cyberinfrastructure needs of the universitys research and education community. Reporting to both the Vice President for Information Technology and the Vice President for Research, the office provides support for cutting-edge research technology infrastructure and activities, serving as a primary contact for research customers, coordinating the activities of research technologists and the adoption of research technologies (including software), fostering self-help communities, and maintaining a sustainable research lab support model.
Responsibilities: The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will support the Office of Research Computing (ORC) by providing support to a diverse group of Mason researchers that need access to the ORC resources. Duties will include:
- Installing, debugging and maintaining scientific applications, and understanding best use practices needed to take full advantage of the Masons High Performance Computing (HPC) resources;
- Responsible for training and helping users adapt to a production shared resource, its scheduling system, and data storage systems;
- Provide parallel coding support and help users adapt serial codes;
- Help produce and present tutorials/workshops in support of ORC activities;
- Leading or consulting on data management, data processing and analytics; and
- Other responsibilities include maintaining web documentation.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field;
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems;
- Experience building, installing and maintaining open source software;
- Strong debugging and trouble shooting skills;
- Experience with distributed parallel computing architectures and software systems;
- Ability to manage competing requirements in a diverse user population; and
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong analytical ability.
- Experience with parallel programming models (e.g., use of OpenMP, MPI, OpenACC, etc.);
- Experience working with GPGPU computing;
- Experience working with MATLAB, R, Python;
- Experience with parallelization of serial computational applications;
- Experience working in High Performance Computing environment and associated scheduling software; and
- Experience with cloud computing software and services.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :