Department of Stateside Military Operations
Exempt, Contingent II, 100 % Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
Training Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Director of Training; responsible for supporting them in the planning, coordination, and delivery of Division-wide training efforts for Military Education Coordinators located across the continental United States and Hawaii. Will serve as the back-up to the Assistant Director of Training in training creation and delivery, and as a department representative on projects and initiatives as required. Will serve as a subject matter expert within the department, assisting staff members with questions regarding content and business processes during and after training. Responsible for assisting with all aspects of training auditing and updates, including creating new material, recording new virtual sessions, editing existing training material, and delivering training in-person. Responsible for serving as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for training new National Testing Center (NTC) staff, in addition to serving as a resource when establishing new NTC locations. Will address training issues in the absence of the Assistant Director of Training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Training to identify training needs within the department while making recommendations on, and assisting with, the training method/environment/delivery/etc.
- Create schedules and agendas for cohorts of New Hire Training, in addition to assisting with training delivery, ensuring consistency and stability for all new Military Education Coordinators.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all UMUC systems, including Salesforce, PeopleSoft, DMS, WebEx, and G Suite, as well as on all undergraduate and graduate academic policies and procedures.
- Evaluate training assessments, exercising discretion when reviewing staff progress and relaying appropriate, relevant information to the Assistant Director of Training, as well as staff supervisors, when necessary.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the functions, requirements, processes, and unique environments of UMUC's National Testing Centers across the country, providing training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Remain current on department-wide and university-wide business practices, as well as policies and procedures impacting the military and veterans community, by attending conferences, educational seminars, and professional events as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and tracking of the Mentorship Qualification Assessment while providing administration support for the overall Mentorship Program.
- Travel as-needed to provide in-person training and support to new and existing staff based on departmental needs.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
Required education and experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and one (1) to three (3) years of experience in employee mentorship, training, and development; strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication abilities; commitment to providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers;
Preferred education and experience: Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning; degree or certification in education, adult learning, higher education administration, or related field. Experience working within higher education, either as an instructor or in an administrative role, is highly desired. Experience working in an environment that utilizes a CRM system (e.g. Salesforce) strongly preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.