Team Associate (Outgoing Transcripts)
Team Associate (Outgoing Transcripts)
Office of the Registrar
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time
Location: Academic Center at Largo, MD
University of Maryland University College Office of the Registrar is a forward thinking, innovative office with a focus on building staff competencies in the Registrar profession using American Association of Collegiate Registrars (AACRAO) Competency frameworks. The Office is seeking a Team Associate in the Office of the Registrar. The Team Associate provides general assistance with digital student records and other stakeholders. The Team Associate duties include: processing, sorting and opening mail, scanning incoming student documents, and responding to telephone, chat and email inquiries. The Team Associate's primary duty is to provide support and resolution to related transcript inquires made by phone or through e-mail cases, in person, chat and other established means of communication on behalf of the Office of the Registrar. The Team Associate will also provide front-end support as well as technical support related to outgoing transcript processing and delivery inquiries. The Team Associate will provide direct support to the management team on special projects and assignments. The Associate will have to use various third party systems to perform the job. Hours for the position will begin no earlier than 9am during the week and will end no later than 6pm; occasional holiday coverage is also required.
The Team Associate will be expected to perform the following daily tasks:
- Responding to front-line and in-depth technical support type questions for the Office of the Registrar by proving customer assistance in identifying request needs and then routing calls appropriately.
- Proficiency in handling and resolving customer inquiries via phone, chat, email as well as resolving Customer Relationship Management (CRM) cases within the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Processing all forms of incoming student documents including: transcripts through the university's various systems including the enterprise content management system, the CRM, and the Student Information Systems (SIS) to assure the records are promptly and accurately recorded to assure students can obtain their degree pathway as quickly as possible.
- Processing the scanning of documents and records into various university systems, making notes in the CRM or SIS as needed, handling manual data entry for student records, and proactively communicating with students to troubleshoot and resolve issues with records.
- Providing support and assistance to the management team with various duties: including special projects, memo creation, and spreadsheet and tracking systems, data clean up.
- Providing assistance with identification of issues, problems, and procedures that could be improved or enhance efficiency and student/customer service.
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience.
- Qualified candidates will have excellent computer skills and experience working with PeopleSoft or other office systems.
- 3 or more years in office and customer service environment.
- General knowledge of office protocol/etiquette.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint; ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree.
- Two (2) years' experience working with confidential documents.
- Understanding of FERPA and FERPA policies.
CRITICAL AACRAO COMPETENCY ALIGNMENT AND LEVELS REQUIRED:
Entry Level: Identifies the problem and considers potential solutions.
Entry Level: Ability to communicate and interact with others individually and in groups. Work well as part of a team and communicate effectively with a variety of constituents. Awareness of how one interacts with others. Includes verbal and non-verbal communication skills and listening skills.
Recordkeeping Services and Data Stewardship:
Entry Level: Understanding of institutional policies regarding student recordkeeping and a basic understanding of state and federal laws. General comprehension of the various means of recordkeeping (electronic, paper, archival) and the related systems. Conversant in the policies and practices governing access to student records by campus constituencies and outside agencies or individuals.
Data Systems Management:
Entry level: Basic understanding of office operations. Basic understanding of system functionality. Verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of Student Records Management Law, Policy, and Governance
Entry level: General awareness of student privacy issues and those laws and regulations governing the safe keeping of student records. Familiarity with available resources (online, publications, etc.) on laws and policies related to student data.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.