7 days left
- Full Time
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As Legal Counsel, this role supports Intelsat General Corporation by drafting Service Orders, contracts, Teaming agreements, amendments, NDAs, and other legal documents and actively negotiating those agreements with U.S. Government and foreign government customers. Must be a subject matter expert of the FAR and its supplements. The Legal Counsel will work closely with Government Sales team as well as colleagues in Finance, Sales Engineering, Business Management, and Marketing to help manage our customer base and ensure high quality customer service internally and externally. This role will participate in sales and revenue meetings and serve on related cross-functional teams to support the continuous improvement, refinement, and streamlining of corporate processes. In addition, the Legal Counsel will support other general legal matters required within IGC and work collaboratively with IGC's parent company's legal department.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Negotiate, draft, and administer customer contracts for the U.S. Government and other foreign governments. Subject matter expert on the FAR and its supplements is a requirement for this role.
- Provide advice and counsel to sales executives and other internal clients on commercial issues, including applicable legal compliance matters, statutory and regulatory developments, contract interpretation, dispute resolution.
- Support procurement on all sales-related procurements for the company.
- Review and advise on Teaming Agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and subpoenas
- Provide legal support for human resources, corporate compliance, and other legal matters for the entity as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with new policy and pending regulations requirements
- Provide Proxy and Board support, and maintains corporate governance
- Provide advice and counsel all matters pertaining to ethics and compliance
- Manages business matters important to the organization
- Act as advisor for government and regulatory compliance matters within Intelsat General Corporation
- Performs litigation on behalf of the organization, or coordinates litigation and other legal matters handled by parent legal team or outside counsel.
- Handles legal matters pertaining to property and lease administration
- Provide legal advice and management of intellectual property
- Prepares and files applications and registrations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctorate from an accredited institution required
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a commercial and government contracting environment required
- Must be a United States citizen
- US security clearance preferred. Ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at the TS/SCI level required
- Subject matter expert with the FAR and its supplements is required.
- Must have a high degree of business acumen; must be accurate in executing the right balance between business risk and important legal protections in decision-making
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with executives and employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills; work efficiency and accuracy a must
- Individual contributor leadership
- Change agility
- Highly collaborative
- Customer focus and management
- Creative and innovative acumen
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Highly analytical
- Sound decision-making
- Ethical, trustworthy and highly moral
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.