Operational Risk Prf
7 days left
- Full Time
The Finance Risk and Control Team (FCRT) within the Finance manages the overall with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance program at Freddie Mac. FCRT is responsible for testing of SOX controls across the company and certain operational controls within the Finance division. FRCT is seeking an Operational Risk Professional to join the team. The person in this role will perform design and operation effectiveness testing of controls over financial reporting and key operational processes.
Responsibilities include:* Under normal supervision, perform design and operation effectiveness testing of controls over significant accounts, disclosures and processes, as part of the company’s SOX compliance as well as Operational Risk Management Framework.
* Document test execution, ensuring that all appropriate risks are identified and documented.
* Analyze, document, and monitor issues identified, including root cause analysis, control failure identification, level of significance assessment for deficiencies and remediation plans.
* Maintain a current level of expertise relating to professional standards and emerging industry and technical developments, including US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB and emerging technologies and best practices
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
* 2-4 years of experience in public accounting or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
* Audit and SOX 404 with Big Four Accounting Firm and/or corporate internal audit functions
* CPA or other relevant professional certifications (i.e., CIA, CISA) preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Financial Services industry experience preferred
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
* Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
* Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
* Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
* Attention to detail
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills
* Delivery of quality and timely results
* Flexibility and adaptability to change
* Curiosity to learn about the business and how to do things better
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.