Occasional travel - Some local travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Minimum 3 years relevant experience required.
• Academic degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, or Early Childhood Special Education or higher (or equivalent).
• Minimum 3 years experience and continued interest in working with young children and their families in an early childhood setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic child development as well as the ability to understand the developmental progress and identify the needs of all applicable children.
• Ability to understand child care educational research and/or best practices, and convert/apply to the classroom.
• Ability to organize and plan effectively. Detail oriented with the ability to work under stress, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with tact, as well as the ability to exercise judgement and discretion.
• Ability to sustain a high level of energy and a positive, professional attitude.
• Proficient in using varied information and automated office systems to include computers and mobile devices, MS Office, web-based systems, copier, phone, etc.
• Ability to acquire and maintain Infant/Child/Adult CPR Certification. Required within 30 days of hire date.
• Ability to acquire and maintain First Aid Certification. Required within 30 days of hire date.
• Ability to successfully complete an annual physical and tuberculosis test (at the incumbent’s expense) prior to employment and annually thereafter (current documentation may not be older than 12 months).
• Ability to maintain consistent and reliable attendance required. Flexibility with scheduling and availability to work additional hours as needed.
• Ability to meet minimum physical requirements.
• Must be able to secure and maintain applicable security clearances.
Minimum AA degree in Early Childhood Education (or similar).
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should contact a CAO Human Resources representative at CAOHumanResources@mail.house.gov for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).
Title 1 of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended (5 U.S. C app§ 101 et seq.) requires certain House employees, to file Financial Disclosure Statements, for information please visit http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial.aspx.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Highly qualified candidates will be evaluated based on a structured interview.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No